This brief test is not meant to provide definite clinical evaluations, but can be a good indicator of a potential problem. Answer the following questions honestly for the best results.
1. Do you drink or use alone?
2. Does your drinking/using cause you to lose time from work?
3. Do you have job problems due to your drinking/using?
4. Do you hide your alcohol/drug consumption or the actual alcohol/drugs?
5. Is your drinking/using making your home life unhappy?
6. Do you forget things while or after drinking/using?
7. Do you drink/use because you are shy with others?
8. Do you have health problems caused by your drinking/using?
9. Have you ever felt remorse after drinking/using?
10. Do you use alcohol/drugs to make you relax?
11. Have you had financial difficulties as a result of drinking/using?
12. Have you tried to cut down or quit drinking/using?
13. Have you had legal problems due to drinking/using?
14. Do you crave a drink/drug at a definite time each day?
15. Do you want a drink/drug the next morning?
16. Does drinking/using cause you to have problems sleeping?
17. Do you drink/use to escape from worries or troubles?
18. Do you feel you have a drinking/drug problem?
If you answered yes to three or more questions it may be a signal that an abuse/dependency problem exists.
For a free confidential screening, please contact us: